View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #60 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chito View Post
I agree with rattroddrebel on using better gas ... Most every day people usually meassure by how many miles they get out of a tank.
I definitely agree that a higher-quality fuel is worth the slightly extra cost. Nearly all fuel is created equal (and shoved through the pipeline with overlap in suppliers), but custom additives make the difference. "Top-Tier" Fuel retailers have been rated by vehicle manufactuers to basically clean deposits, fuel injectors, etc. But remember, physical characteristics of the station itself can render excellent fuel, rather crummy (aging storage tanks, and so on).

Here in the Midwestern Plains, Quiktrip has been our choice for >97% of fillups in all vehicles in the last 6-7 years (and wherever possible in rentals). Plus, where else can you get a 52 oz. drink on the cheap, and a cheeseburger in the shape of a hot dog (called, the "roller")? ...exactly.

They were 1 of the first 2 first companies to achieve the Top-Tier Detergent Fuel rating (along with Chevron) -- now several name brands are certfied.. I may be biased because they are often the cheapest around, a 2-minutes up the street, employ many people in the area, and can be found all around KC, (and further markets).

As far as the statistical method goes for total miles-per-tank, it may be the best (only) option for those of us not as passionate about tracking FE (but has a low rate of accuracy.) At least they're talking about it, which is the first step in the right direction...

RH77

_
_
The Following User Says Thank You to RH77 For This Useful Post:
WesternStarSCR (12-08-2012)