View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Onboard for the Outboard

After reading several comments, it appears as if it doesn't cause any major problems, very few minor complaints, several positive remarks, and variable responses for FE.

The plan is to first use the Integra as the testbed for monitoring issues and any noticeable trends, at 1oz per 5 gallon (or approx 2.3oz for a full, 13.2-gallon tank). I suppose the only empirical data I can post is FE. The rest will be observations, taken as impartially as possible.

If it seems to work well, then a single-blind test is planned for the TSX (my Wife fills that one sometimes, so I'll have to add it in estimated quantities, from the 17.1 gallon capacity if I miss it). FE is tracked, but it also has a noticeable vibration at idle -- not necessarily rough, but enough to note. I drive the car from time-to-time, and would attempt the same impartiality. It is due for a tune-up, so it should be a good candidate. New tires with alignment will require couple of cold-weather fills to round-out variability. I may select a spark plug to photograph "before and after" conditions.

Otherwise, I can't think of any other data points that are easily tracked...

I look forward to some testing again!

RH77

_
_
The Following User Says Thank You to RH77 For This Useful Post:
mcrews (12-08-2012)