View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
I love this thread! (so far). Great idea BabyDiesel.

Only thing I'll add is that the top 10 only denotes highest MPG. Is there a way to include some of those that are killing their % above ETA numbers? IMHO, that's just as impressive/notable.
Yes, many of the top ten % mprovement cars are the same as the top ten fuel economy cars, but there are important exceptions, especially at the top of that list, such as the MisFit Talon which is amazingly better than EPA at 129% and the PaleFit at 102%. The latter is a hypermiling virtuoso devotee. Here is te link to the full list: EcoModder Fleet list - EcoModder.com

Go ahead and edit your original post if you agree and then invite some of these folks to comment. Well worth it.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (04-19-2015)