View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #72 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
I would recommend calculating your fuel economy by how many miles you have driven on a tank and divide it by how many gallons you can squeeze into the tank. I fill my car in the same stall at the same filling station so I know it is getting filled the same exact each time. If your car is angled on a hill it can vary how much fuel you can get into it and thus why you should use the same stall each time. Then you will know how accurate your measuring device is. Mine happens to be over 99% accurate, so your engine off coasting won't matter because the tank doesn't lie if filled the same each time.
Ever deal with an artificial limiter on a gas tank? I have over 2 gallons of wasted space in my tank if I don't top off by trickle filling for 10 minutes. Not fun when you have places to be and **** to do.
Anyways what I was saying is the trip computer doesn't add any distance when EOC. I need to use odometer and subtract to figure out how many miles I have actually driven. I do typically fill up at same pump everytime. So I can try to trickle in my usual extra gallon.