View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #396 (permalink)
Panther140
Panther140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Billions of people live in big cities for which any of your suggestions do not apply. And don't forget, your energy footprint is not just what you control around your house. Roads, schools, hospitals, factories, your generator, your boots, are all made from vast amounts of energy that your are partaking in.

We can't wait until fossil fuel gets too expensive to start building it's replacement since it takes vast amounts of energy, mostly in the form of liquid fuel, to build large things or mine the raw materials we need for things like GigaFactories and installing wind turbines.
For instance, it takes the output of 75 SolarStar farms for EV driving to replace the gas that is used in California alone. And billions of tons of batteries.
Right, billions of people do live in big cities. Sounds like a problem that the local kings and queens can solve for their pawns. I don't give a rat's ass what you guys do. I am self reliant, self sufficient, and I do not wish to be told what to do. If you don't have any land to pass on, don't have kids. There. Population problem solved in one single generation. You're the ones complaining. You're also the ones over populating your areas.

Nobody is stopping messiahs like yourself from finding solutions to your doomsday forecasts. If you want to, go ahead. Destroy 500-1,000 square miles of natural land to build a solar farm and power only the cars in each state. That sounds like a reasonable solution that would not negatively impact the planet at all if used on a global scale. (sarcasm)

Do you know how much lithium oxide that would require? Have you seen a lithium mine?

Why are all of your eggs in one basket? Why are EVs, totalitarian dictators, and solar panels the only comprehensible solution for your faction?