View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 03:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
interestingstuff
EcoModding Lurker

Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I’ll assume you have a commercial driver license. And might know below already:

I get the idea this isn’t going to cover enough miles to matter. Get an excellent grease gun and Service Manual. Hit all points needing lube yourself. Weekly. Enough, and no more.

Aluminum wheels only good for looks. (I’d do it; and I’d do a paint or wrap job on truck).

What motor? 3208 Cat?

FE isn’t a real concern past engine or trans mechanical condition Change out fuel filters and run Howes Meaner Power Cleaner in a double dose till tanks well below one-half.

Fix the drivers seat. Or replace. No excuses.
Thanks for all the input, slowmover! Looks very helpful and hopefully it will help others too!

To answer some questions:

No, I don't have a CDL, the truck GVWR is 26,000, so I technically don't need one. Although I'm going to grab the PA CDL book which a friend of mine who does swears by (and I have the NJ one). I might eventually get one, although it's not an immediate need.

The engine is a 429 7.0L Gas (fuel injected).

I'm not personally planning on driving it TOO much, so hopefully some of these things will not be too big of an issue in comparison to full time hauling, although I will definitely look into improvements and make updates as I can.

I get the impression that the fuel filter was changed recently. Both it and the air filter looks brand new. We're changing other filters and fluids.

I've gotten two service manuals, and the owners guide. I'm going to get the spec book, and another manual soon.

I'm not sure what you mean by fix the drivers seat. Honestly the whole interior is pretty dated. While it's a 93, the whole thing looks to me like it was styled in the 70s. It has those tiny triangle windows in the corner and a bench seat.