View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Right in my wheelhouse! I'll have to take a look later. There were stick Ford Fusions, a stick Mazda6 wagon, and other interesting cars right in the thick of this budget range back when I was buying last year. I had a $5000 budget and spent half that, though I bought at a bit over the mileage limit (168k). Dallas was my hunting ground and it is absolutely fat with stuff in that range, and not just beater stuff, but some ones kinda intriguing or fun stuff too.
We can keep the "guidelines" flexible so that a great candidate with a bit over 150,000 miles or a remarkable deal with a salvage title for minor reasons still qualifies.

Here is an unremarkable car that is, I think, probably good deal at $2800 and the seller invites offers. Paint looks good, wheels are not all scraped up, and the interior and engine bay are clean. This car probably has at least 100,000 miles left and will do beautifully on fuel:
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...612922747.html

Quote:
2008 nissan versa
condition: excellent
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 111000
paint color: black
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: hatchback

NISSAN VERSA runs and looks good, transmission; engine in good conditions, manual transmission, 4 Cilinder ,new tires,SMOG CHECK on hand Come test drive and make me an offer. for more Info please call
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
TDFbound (11-25-2018)