Register Now
 Register Now

Trip log for: Blueberry Knockers
Trip log index: To School and Home with added stop.
  • Avg: 39.2 mpg (US)
  • Max: 39.2 mpg (US) 2016-09-02
Trip date Fuel economy Details
2016-09-02 39.2 It was 60 degrees today when I took the kids to their schools. This is when I usually loose the most mileage as I have to get up to speed quickly at that time of morning do to traffic at busy intersection. I gained mileage back as I headed to school. 60 degrees vs 80 in the morning we have lately and a dirty car didn't help drag. All traffic lights were green so I ended up at 39.4 when I parked in morning. On the way home my mother (who lives next door) wanted me to pick up a water melon from the store. This added an additional stop and a steep grade in heavy traffic to take off in. It was windy, so my mileage on this tank is currently at 39.2. We have a 3 day weekend so I'm not sure if I will have a consistent route on this tank, considering yesterday was a different route as well. Goal is always to hit 40 mpg on a tank, at least in this weather. I will see next tank how much percent of error dash command is to gal/trip. This is tricky science because volume of gas changes with temp at fill up, and since my car is a 99 pid data is limited to the dashcommand app, I basically have to tweak my settings inside it. My torque converter mod sets a code every time I drive so I reset the computer every time. Fuel trims are off seems computer wants to run LT trims rich as ST is demanding lean, O2 readings accurate. I will do a little research and see if the ecu needs to see resistance as a back feed on wire, if so I will put a relay with a resistor on it. We shall see tomorrow if I do any mods, I may just wash and wax. That's a mod right?