WRXish: 91 Subaru Legacy l wagon 5spd
Displacement: 2.5 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 3135 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.32
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: factory installed
Description: Long term family member...recent engine transplant featuring an upgrade from 2.2 sohc to 2.5 DOHC EJ25D with moderate headwork forged pistons, port matched intake, headers, larger than stock exhaust into magnaflow muffler. All new suspension, coil overs, bars, lower control arms front, new lateral arms rear, very low miles transmission out of a 94 wagon. About to undergo bodywork in preparation for painting...
Build Thread:
Current Mods: educated right foot...and light wallet. I keep the engine tuned, keep up with maintenance, decent quality fuel, tires fully inflated, and drive respectfully most of the time. By respectfully, I mean of the car, the other drivers around me, and the speed limits...mostly.

Oh yeah, I did remove the roof rack which probably helped some but I frankly didnt notice any difference. I put lighter weight wheels and tires on the car which makes it more lively, and the larger engine helps it keep up with traffic without having to beat it to death. Current economy is approximately 25-26 mpg in all around driving which for me is a mixture of highway and city driving.

Planned Mods: I would like to improve Cd by adding a front spoiler extension to the one the factory provided as well as getting all the rough body cleaned up and painted. That will be worth something. I'd like to find a rear spoiler that would help keep the rear window clean and break up the drag at the back of the car. I think with a few changes like that I could get into the 30s in mpg.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 18 mpg(US)
EPA highway 24 mpg(US)
EPA combined 20 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

(Created: 2017-12-31 00:24:20 / Modified: 2017-12-31 00:24:20)