Red Rocket: 1991 Honda Civic DX
Displacement: 1.5 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2165 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.33
Frontal area: 20.1 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: Stock, even has original radio. Smokes on take off, so she is burning a little oil.

CRX has broke down so I have parked it for repairs. Needs a ton of stuff I have been putting off and I saw this car on the side of the road not far from my house for sale, so picked it up to drive in the meantime.

After seeing the results of how far over EPA I am getting with this car and how close of results they are to my CRX even though it has way more power (16 valve) and shorter gear ratios, I am inclined to believe the fuel system modifications on my CRX were hurting my MPG results for that car far more than I originally thought. I thought I just wasn't great at driving economically but this completely stock civic has shown me otherwise.

The gear ratios on this car are so short I can shift into 5th gear between 20 to 25mph with no sounds of struggle. My crx if I shifted into 5th at 30mph would still show signs it was a tad early to handle it but maybe the extra power is why.

The car has no tac so I have no idea my rpms at any point and just have to go by ear but it certainly sounds like it's at higher RPMs when I am cruising on the highway.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: None

Planned Mods: None
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 27 mpg(US)
EPA highway 31 mpg(US)
EPA combined 29 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 42.48 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 42.13 mpg(US)
90 days 38.23 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Jul 22, 2023

(Created: 2023-06-01 01:29:09 / Modified: 2023-12-02 20:06:28)