Ryanrpm's Tundra: 2005 Toyota Tundra Limited, Double Cab, 4x4
Displacement: 4.7 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: automatic
Curb weight: 0 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: other
Description: This is a nice truck, being a Limited edition. My highest fuel economy was on a 50 mi mileage run going 65mph. I got 21.25 mpg. That is probably not the most accurate because so little fuel was consumed in the tank......but.....it made me smile when I did the math.

On average, I get 16.5 normal city driving.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: I've done several things so far to this truck in order to increase fuel economy. First, I signed up to several forums....the first being TundraTalk.net...a great forum for Tundra talking. Then, came Fuel-Savers, GasSavers, and mpgResearch. Ecomodder is my latest forum.

My mods are as follows....and they are mostly cheap mods you can do at home. I've increased my tire pressure from 35psi to 45psi. Added lighter weight engine oil: I replaced the 5w-30 engine oil with 0w-30 Mobil 1. I did a spark plug modification that involved drilling a 1/16" hole in the ground strap...then I indexed them. I then did an expensive mod....installed an Aquatune. I got a good deal on it....so much that I would have been a fool to pass it up. It's a unit that costs about $700. It is a water/hydrogen injection that goes directly into my EVAP vacuum line right behind the throttle body. So far, HP has increased, and emissions are as clean as the air, but I'm still tweaking it to get fuel mileage gains.

Edit 10-10-09 - I have installed Dixie Caps...well, not the originals, but the cheap Radio Shack style .1 micro-farad caps... We shall see if there is an improvement.

Planned Mods: I plan to add an ozone generator which will feed o3 into my throttle body, and a fuel heater that I will make myself. Also, I'm going to give fuel line magnets a try. I know, I know, they don't work so don't waste my money. Well, they were only $16 and I'm curious.....so I went for it. They are Neo ring magnets that will slide over the rubber fuel line heading into the fuel rail.

I also plan to get a scangauge at some point. I'm getting tired of doing the calculations a week at a time. I'm the kind of guy who wants to do a mod, then see if it made a difference. Not wait a week!!

Thanks for looking.....and please share any other tips you guys know about...especially the ones that don't cost a lot of money.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 13 mpg(US)
EPA highway 17 mpg(US)
EPA combined 15 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 17.91 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 17.91 mpg(US)
90 days 17.59 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Sep 04, 2009

(Created: 2009-09-08 21:22:56 / Modified: 2009-10-10 13:57:43)