green wedge: 1981 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car
Displacement: 6 L
Fuel type: electric
Transmission: other
Curb weight: 1 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: Mostly stock commuti-car, factory built in Florida, largest production of electric vehicles in the US in the last 100 years.
It is a two seater, aluminum frame, ABS plastic body, 8 6 volt T105 Trojen batteries make up the 48 volt system powering a 6hp GE series wound motor bolted up to the rear end.
When I bought it it was completely stock.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: I've replaced the stock factory option snow tires with new LRR tires from a Neighbor Hood Electric Vehicle dealer.
Replaced the volt meter with a PakTrakr gauge and battery monitoring system.
Replaced all the marker lights, tail lights and turn signals with LEDs.
Added battery desuphater to the battery pack.
Added automatic battery charger for the 12v battery that powers the lights, I also added a control circuit that turns off the stock battery charger when the traction pack is full.
Updated the speed controller, now using an Altrax 4865 instead of the stock contactors and resister, this might be the greatest improvement yet!
Started using a small solid state dehumidifier to keep the windows from fogging up on cool and humid days.

Planned Mods: hoping to install some peltier junction heat pumps to heat and cool the cabin, going to try to use them to boost the temp of the waste heat from the motor as well.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 0 mpg(US)
EPA highway 0 mpg(US)
EPA combined 0 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

(Created: 2009-09-21 11:45:29 / Modified: 2011-09-04 22:41:28)