The Egg: 1997 Geo Metro Base
Displacement: 1 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 0 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: Torque app
Description: Purchased car with blown motor....Motor rebuilt and installed by me at 197,520 miles on the clock.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Still in break in time....base ignition timing has been set to 10 degrees advance when motor rebuilt. 8" edelbrock air cleaner installed in place of stock air filter set up. Syncromesh in tranny....Waiting on break in time to be finished to get an accurate base line...

Planned Mods: Synthetic walmart 5w-30 after break in is finished. purchase clean stock filter and compare stock filter setup vs 8" edelbrock air cleaner. Find the max base timing I can run. Set up torque app to better monitor instant mpg. Install momentary injector circuit cutoff switch on shifter to force dfco on demand and compare coasting in gear with forced dfco and neutral engine running. Body work/smooth body out. External radio antenna delete. covert to newer style smooth headlights, pick up junk yard front bumper and perform grill block and smooth out. Test out my 175/80/13 tires on the front. Keep working on the loose nut behind the wheel....
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 37 mpg(US)
EPA highway 44 mpg(US)
EPA combined 40 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 34.75 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 34.75 mpg(US)
90 days 34.75 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Oct 18, 2012

(Created: 2012-10-21 22:45:50 / Modified: 2012-10-21 22:57:35)