Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2080 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 31
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: MPGuino
Description:
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Grill block with manual interior control to open and close as needed.
Heavily insulated warm air intake - very helpful year round with highly improved mileage and quicker warm ups. My favorite and best mod... at least 5mpg gained.
Fuel cut off switch - I like this one... probably tied for 2nd in mods.
Only 1 outside mirror driver side modified to 20% of original size for less drag.
Insulated engine bay to retain heat using high temp 250 degree rated insulation foil backed.
Vacuum Gauge.
Tires filled to 55 PSI
MPGuino - fun and helpful mod... A motivating mod! Probably my 2nd most effective mod.
13 watt solar panel and controller in back hatch window area to help keep battery charged from EOC driving. Open hatch to let direct sunlight charge it. A cool mod
removed alternator belt, but keep it with me in case I get in a pinch and need to put it back on.
LED lights installed to replace exterior running lights, signals, license plate lights and reverse lights.
LED headlights (way better than stock!)... 36W combined... dropped my watts from 110W combined to 36W combined for a savings of 74W. Also saved on the LED running lights, signals, license plate and brake lights. ALL the LED running lights etc use about 15W and the Stock bulbs were roughly 50 W, so a savings of 35W.
SO... I am at 51W for all exterior lights using all LED's compared to the stock bulbs that used about 160W. HUGE!

Planned Mods: marine battery if needed...
More aero mods like wheel skirts, under belly and camback.

Car has stock interior and I won't strip it out. Car will stay functional as a passenger vehicle. My mileage includes me hauling around my daughter and sometimes wife as well.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 39 mpg(US)
EPA highway 48 mpg(US)
EPA combined 43 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 55.75 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 51.28 mpg(US)
90 days 58.68 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: May 12, 2018

(Created: 2017-01-05 23:39:44 / Modified: 2018-07-13 23:49:32)