Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
This is what I have: (well, one of many, but the one I use the most)

It's classified as an electric bicycle around here, because it has pedals, tires over 12", and is rated at(no more than) 500-watts. No license or insurance required.

Between the 16", fairly wide tires, full suspension, and the weight of the darn thing, it makes for a comfortable ride. If you don't want to pedal, these are great. You can't really pedal past about 10mph, because of the low gearing.

If you do want to pedal, you need to get something more bicycle like, with gears. But you'll lose out on the wide tires and possible on full suspension as well.

I wish our laws were the same as Arizona...I'd be able to strap a tiny generator on it for backup power!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Well, nearly two weeks down the road, this is what I've got

Its similar to the one I owned in the UK but cheaper metal frame and single gear.

To be fair I've only ridden about 10 miles using electric assist which to my surprise works just as it should. I commute 12 miles to work every day, so I exercise a bit, but as the weather starts to get warmer I'm likely to start using the electric more, plus I like to have backup to ride large distances of 20-30 miles.

As to big bikes versus foldable, I really like the option to fold. It makes it easier to store at work or in a supermarket cart, should I not be able to find a safe place and also allows me to combine cycling with car when I meet someone, which is great! Its a trade-back, I know I could get a much more comfortable full size, full suspension bike, but thankfully roads here in AZ are mostly great, a big upgrade from England!

Last edited by cts_casemod; 04-15-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Old 04-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eco Sol

Good choice, it looks great. Glad you gave us a follow up. Looks like a regular bike, with pedals. I see no reason you would get into any trouble with law enforcement on that, as long as you are obeying traffic laws. How is the speed on that one? Doesn't look like it was designed for high speeds, so I doubt you'll be violating any laws there.

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI
Reply  Post New Thread