Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
When I first did lip to front bumper, I did make it very low, it did scraped even on highway when there were small bumps etc. but it did not got damaged until I drove to parking lot of hotel, curb was rather tall so it did got bit rip off from side of bumper, which actually was side that was missing and repaired with expanding foam, so as I had applied fiberglass over expanding foam, it did not hold quite well, there was also small bits of sheet metal but those got separated from plastic inner fender where they were attached too

Next version I used alloy rivets to attach, also did cut inch more clearance, which did show as increased fuel consumption immediately, that did hold well, until I did tow other car out from car tent that is at incline, part of lip was severed by towing line, then drove ZX in and when I reversed it out few days later weak end of front lip caught ground and teared off whole bodged end of bumper once again.

Now I'm in process of making sheetmetal part that will cover that big hole at bumper end and perhaps can get front section of bellypan + wheel fairings of sorts there too, I might not add big lip this time, just make underside smoother for air to pass under there so there would be less of issues. Winter and snow were not problem at all surprisingly, but those harder bits can be quite a challenge for low hanging aero parts.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread