Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
P1163 Honda - Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Slow Response

So, replace my oxygen sensory, but it is okay to drive my car for now? I was driving home from drill, I need to be in bed within two hours, and I would like to drive before my PT test, instead of waking up early and riding my bike several miles.

Thank you very much!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
So, replace my oxygen sensory, but it is okay to drive my car for now? I was driving home from drill, I need to be in bed within two hours, and I would like to drive before my PT test, instead of waking up early and riding my bike several miles.

Thank you very much!
Yep, but it's gonna run like ****. My insight ran like **** until I replaced mine.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not Doug

Balto, which sensor did you end up purchasing? I thought that you linked it, but I am not finding the post.

Has every lean burn owner needed to replace the O2 sensor? It makes lean burn seem less worthwhile.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Balto, which sensor did you end up purchasing? I thought that you linked it, but I am not finding the post.

Has every lean burn owner needed to replace the O2 sensor? It makes lean burn seem less worthwhile.
Not the same for your car. There is a replacement for yours on amazon for around 120$. I honestly don't remember which one it is that you need.

[Edit]: I got my o2 sensor used off of a fellow insight owner on Insight central.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Also heard of people having success with this o2 sensor. I believe this is the exact one, even same company and everything that the dealership sells. NGK is what's used for stock plugs and wires so, yea.

NGK 24300 Oxygen Sensor - NGK/NTK Packaging:Amazon:Automotive
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post441837

Price: $143.10

Quote:
Oil pan: $85
Alternator: $142
Replacement visor: $75
Replacement dome light lens: $6.11
Door lock: $85
Purge and recharge AC: $100
Fix AC leak, top off AC, and replace brake cylinders: $139.26

Anything else? That totals $659.58 and I have had the car eleven months.
My ex-girlfriend has been driving Bacon for the same length of time. As long as she made payments, I did not worry too much, not even if they were smaller than normal or late. However, she keeps trying to talk to me, insults me, and calls me immature when I ignore her.

Wait, I am immature for ignoring someone who calls me names?

If she has driven 15,000 miles in a year, the car is worth $204 less than if it sat behind my house. There is a big dent in the hatch. How much did that depreciate the car? How else is it worse for wear? She never cleaned it!

These messages actually lack her usual insults:
"I need the fog lights and whatever else belongs on or in bacon you have two options. Either bring them to my moms or I come get them from you but I need that crap!"
"Ok here's the deal you have two options. Learn to be more civil and communicate with me when it comes to the car cuz that's all I've been trying to talk to you about or cut your losses take the almost 1100 I've paid towards the car and sign it over and I'm gone for good. With all the repairs you neglected to make I would say were even"

Almost $1100? We agreed on $2,500 and I paid $578.77 in insurance, so she has paid two thousand dollars in one year in repairs? Or even fourteen hundred?

Neglected to make? There was something wrong with my steering or suspension which I did not fix because I was too busy with school and I was not driving the car! She posted on Facebook that she needed to replace the radiator because she did not keep it topped off, although she since deleted that. Has she paid more than twice as much as I have for repairs on a vehicle that had much lower mileage?

Also, she does not need fog lights, especially ones that do not work, and if she does not even know what else I removed from the car, she does not need that, either!

I kept telling her to mail the payments instead of bothering me at home and when I finally told her to stop talking to me, she brought over a contract, which just says she will make payments until she has paid $2,500. Here is a sample sales contract: Car Selling Contract. It specifies:
Quote:
Both parties hereby agree that this is an "as-is" sale, with no warranties of any kind expressed or implied.
She told me before that she drove the car, so she paid for repairs. I do not believe that I neglected to repair things, instead that she neglected to not break them.

However, when I called to see how much the additional insurance cost me, the agent asked if she still lived with me. Wait, what? He said that he needed to remove her from my policy because he could not insure her and that she could not get her own policy because the car is registered to me. The contract requires her to make payments, but she cannot legally drive the car, and does not specify that I will sign over the title. I could explain that we need to make a new contract, with the only major changes being that she will reimburse me for the insurance, will exclusively pay by mail, specifying conditions and late fees, and that I will sign over the title immediately after the contract is notarized, but I just do not want to put up with her through all of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mc View Post
How does the ac perform otherwise? Techs give you any specific info?
It has not worked very well, although at least I rarely want to use it for now.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Not Doug

The check engine light came back, same code, but I cleared it, drove home, and it has not come back. The car drives fine.

I apologize for the rant regarding my ex-girlfriend. If you have not seen this in other threads, she paid a total of $1,185, and $495.30 in repairs, while I paid around $650 to insure her, and then repossessed the car when she failed to get insurance and threatened to sue me.

She did, I did not feel that she would benefit from me counter-suing her, but without doing so, the judge awarded her payments back, plus court fees, so I am paying her $1,236. Looking at KBB.com, my car has depreciated six hundred dollars since she started driving it, plus the insurance, she is costing me around $2,500.

Oh well. She would have cost me more had I agreed to marry her!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Count your blessings that you did not marry her!
Old 01-31-2016, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Not Doug

It has been over a year since I replaced my oxygen sensor and the CEL has returned 10 - 20 times. I am in the process of cleaning out my EGR plate and passages. Hopefully I will have that finished in the morning, and will be able to drive to work!

Expensive oxygen sensors seem to go out on every Civic, but if swapping the sensor does not fix the problem, what is the next thing to fix? I cannot find anything.

Thank you very much! Please enjoy your day!
Old 02-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Not Doug

replace the ECM

Reply  Post New Thread