View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Electric Frenzy
EcoModding Apprentice

I don't understand the need for different brands. I'll use Ford as an example.

Ford should have the following lineup all at one dealership:

Focus - economy/ entry level transport
Taurus - mid size sedan, hatchback, wagon
crown vic - full size, rwd, everything from police car to luxury cruiser for old farts.
Mustang - performance car in EVERY aspect. replace v6 with ecoboost and 365hp, give v8's blowers and 500+hp. Don't compromise
Edge - sport utility vehicle...common sense right? nope, this one is ACTUALLY sporty. Keep it and work on lowering the cost to start at $23k
F-150 - truck line including the expedition. Keep them as is. Don't fix it if it aint broke.
Windstar - minivan, I hate them but I guess they should exist.

That's all. All other ford, lincoln, mercury vehicles.... If I didn't call your name you didn't make the team. Why spend the money on building 4 different versions of the Mazda 6?? (6, mkx, mkz, fuzion) Just sell 1 model with different trim packages. Want performance? Use the mazdaspeed6 powertrain in the taurus body. It'll bolt right in. Want more Luxury? Buy the "mkx" package with fancy electronics and different colored interior.

That's all people are buying anyway is a slightly more expensive looking cheaper model. Lexus anyone?

Focus on making 1 product with more options and you can do away with 2/3's of all automobile dealerships in the states. Here's what all we should have left:

GM
Ford
Toyota
Honda
Mazda
nissan
Volvo
Saab
VW
Porsche
Lamborghini
Ferrari
BMW
Hyundai
mercedes

That's it, no more:

Lincoln
Mercury
Cadillac
Hummer
Daewoo
Lexus
Infinity
kia
audi

etc... focus on CORE products and earn peoples trust again.