View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Test - Thanks for picking up the link from my Prius thread...I think it's a useful site too although it might be easier to bookmark your specific location in the site rather than starting with mine and navigating from there (as you noted).

I just starting taking a look at weather conditions to see how it affects my mpg. While I'm only on my second official tank in my Prius and I've done a couple mods I'm still aware that an increase in mpg isn't ALL mod results and that some (or most) could be weather related. Whatever the case...it's a good site to use to monitor actual temps in your area without having to write down the weather info every day while working through a tank (the internet is a great thing isn't it). Monitoring weather vs. mpg is interesting info. and it's fun to add it to the mpg puzzle.

I don't break it down by temp, day, miles driven on a particular day in a particular temp but I have started noting the average temp over the course of a tank in my fuel log. Something that might be useful down the road to compare monthly mpg's, specific temp mpg's, etc.

Glad you like the link and hope everyone gets as much out of it as possible!