View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gascort View Post
My wife wants one.
What mpg do you guys think the gasser is capable of? Wife drives 35mi. each way to work. Unless this could be modded as a plug in electric hybrid, I'm thinking the hybrid would be wasted on her. She does hit the brake a lot though, which would be good as a hybrid. Cheaper to train her to drive differently.

Well I work at a Ford store and have been pressuring my boss to let me drive one to break the 1000 mark long before this happened ... did they listen ... no ..

Here are my rough figure on real highway driving on both models from what I have been able to accomplish;

-The gasser - can easily get 39mpg driven at highway speed, I did it with a stick shift 4cyl driving @ 65mph on a 120 mile round trip commute to work and back one night.

-The hybrid - just did a run today on the highway 40 miles round trip @ 55mph on the highway, got 51.6mpg. Problem is none of my dealership vehicles have fully charged battery packs, so anything below 50% charge and you really have to work to get the car to go into EV mode.

So there are some unofficial numbers from an average hypermiler.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???

Last edited by trikkonceptz; 04-29-2009 at 08:01 PM..