View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
I've been spending alot of time at priuschat.com the past few days and the site is driving me CRAZY!!! 99% of the people on the site post all day long about all the "mods" they are making to their Prius...unfortunately they are mods that pretty up the car. Shiny wheels, fancy interior lights, shiny Toyota Prius stickers, etc. I've been trying to post to as many threads as possible when people are asking actual mpg improvement questions but they are few and far between.

The site is filled with buy it and drive it Prius owners...I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. So far I've come across only 3 guys that report getting over 60 mpg avg tank. I'm going back and forth right now in a thread with a guy that can't understand how I can go back and forth from dead band to EV and back to dead band without engaging the ICE (he asked me if I'm using some type of perpetual motion technique).

Every time I read a thread about how pretty their car looks now that they added new blingy rims to their car I want to ask them why they added weight to their wheels...I can't take it!