View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Carwhisperer
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
If you're after the first 500 then the emissions profile, then based on what I've read, the emissions profile will be based on the body and the engine, as opposed to just the body or just the engine. So it would still require annual smog checks.
I thank you for taking the time to read up and try to help but I think there are a couple of things you've overlooked. 1999 and older MC's are smog exempt and likely to stay that way. If the RT ends up being registered as a 199x Motorcycle then I won't have to do smog checks (usually they are bi-annual, ont annual). Therein lies the crux of the matter as I see it. What year (199x or 2009) and designation (MC or car) will be assigned to this vehicle?

For me the SPCNS sequence (first 500) deal is not an option. I'd probably have a heart attack fearing that I wouldn't make it no matter how hard I tried. Also, I've read that the smog exempt designation is not transferable with the vehicle. So I'd have to smog it to sell it (assuming I could find a buyer).

Speaking of dropping in a diesel, here is a link to a single seater VW turbo diesel I have for sale: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ento-8102.html