View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

I did this. Not to that extent tne inspector thought it was funny. I did it for. . .um less. . .well the same kind of somewhat dishonest behavior. I registered a CBR1000 00' as a 1965 junked harley to get a much lower insurance rate(for the harley that year insurance liability was like 20 a month whereas for me for the cbr it would have been closer to 100.)

Having the plates affixed to it will never hurt anything, best bet is to use one of its tires somewhere, and maybe as you said just take the entire swingarm and rear-wheel.

I have a friend who jury rigged his car to have just 3 wheels just for inspection and to take it to the insurance people, and then switched back to 4 wheels. his liability was maybe 50 a month whereas normal is around 110. In TN its simple. less than 4 wheels= bike regardless of weight emissions horsepower(unless you can spit and propel yourself faster(scooters)). Custom build. . .ok here is a VIN and a model year.

Actually. . .you could register it in another state. . .You could register it here in TN and then carry over the registration there and since its officially whatever we classify it as they would more than less have to take it. I'm not sure what California's policy is on cars that are imported from out-of-state but thats a lot easier than registering it there to start with. . .