View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 03:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
sepp
EcoModding Lurker

the jeep - '02 nissan kingcab
Last 3: 29.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
While I appreciate the thought going into the flaps, it violates the K.I.S.S. principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid (no offense!).

that principle probably works for most, but has a negative effect on me
if i want to make something valable, then i need to start with the most complex and perfect idea possible, because out of habit i know that along the construction i will always leave stuff out out of lazyness. like only making 3 instead of 4 beams, or like i already did here make 2 flaps instead of the 3 i planned.
those little vertical windows are a nice idea, they come to late unfortunately.
im making a second cap because of a suspicion that possibly the angle was bad, but mostly because it was just not practical and was just too heavy wich are just facts.
i probabaly won't use the flaps when driving in known areas, and leave them open when driving in unknown areas because i get stressed quickly. they may also be used as a "get off my back" feature to let those annoying people know that i don't like when they drive so damn close that they disappear in all 3 mirrors. will probably be safer than my current "scare the f* out of them" techique wich consists in slamming on the brakes

the window actuator idea is a great idea, only need to find some. can't even ripp them out of my pickup as i have manual windows (out of ecologic principles i swear! )

today im gonna put on some alumium plates, but first work off the frame and paint it.