View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
Eddles
EcoModding Apprentice

Eddles's Astra - '01 Vauxhall Astra ECO4
90 day: 61.03 mpg (US)
I know this is not what you all are looking to do, just giving you all a heads-up. I've got this HG100 GPS HUD in my car so I can keep a close eye at the speed at *all* times without needing to glance at the speedometer all the time. This works quite well even in the daytime, and I didn't bother using the supplied tint. This helps me to keep my speed constant, thus increasing MPG slightly. This is bright enough that they had to put in a light sensor to dim the display when dark. I brought this for about $60. This also has a bluetooth link so I can use this with other things such as mobile phones etc, and the display can be turned off. Well useful gadget, and I'm very impressed with it. Chinese designed and built, but very good quality, better than most stuff I've seen (Euro made, US made, whatever). Even the packing was the best I've seen, I felt quite guilty to put it in the recycling bin, wanted to put it on a display shelf! This originally cost $150 which *is* far too excessive, but $60 is a lot more reasonable.

Unfortunately, this doesn't have MPG info, which is what we all want, eh!

My aim: to achieve 3L/100km.
Best tank @ 65mph: 864.2 miles 69.36MPGus 3.4l/100km