View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 04:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Electric Frenzy
EcoModding Apprentice

GI: Possible GB of LiFeMgPO4 batteries

I don't know if this violates any rules. I looked and didn't see anything. I'm not accepting any money or anything. I'm just trying to get some feedback from interested parties if I were able to work us out a deal on some bulk batteries for EV conversions.

I've been doing some homework (with some help of some good people here) and realized that the battery you use is more important than anything else. Having figured that out I started researching batteries and have come to the conclusion that Lithium Iron Magnesium Phosphate batteries are the best of all worlds. They have LiIon power, 35% less weight than Lead Acid, 200% more stable than LiIon and cheaper. I don't mean to make this a discussion about what is the best battery.

I've found a supplier of these batteries and they'll only deal with me if I purchase in bulk. I don't know the cost yet but I'm certain the more people we can get a solid interest from the easier it'll be to get good pricing.

When the time comes to purchase (if we decide to) I can provide full references from previous group buys on other forums (some in excess of $30k).

I'd like to purchase these for me but won't be able to unless others are looking for a more long term solution as well. Now let's see who's ready to pony up some dough for some high quality fuel.