View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
cptrdbrd
EcoModding Lurker

Hi guys
I have looked over your thread, the threads in twister and some others. I am a commercial industrial HVAC tech for 25 years and tough it for about 10 years in the evenings. I have enjoyed watching what you and others are doing. some times I'm impressed, some times I shake my head and some times I'm just scared. I am looking to build my own Geo heat pump unit by cannibalizing my air to air HP. I have seen some comments elem ware referring to the so called secret info in this info. Please do not believe this is true, I think most techs would love to share there knowledge. the reason it seems they play there cards close to there chest is: it is a very technical field That takes a extensive back round including the laws of thermodynamics, physics, chemistry and electricity theory. this does not mean that the common man cant do what you are doing, but to make it work well and last you Need a few things under your belt. I think you guys can do very well be cos you have desire the #1 thing to synced.
I have held off interjecting be cos there is no short way to learn well the vapor compression cycle and the other things involved. I hope to make a write up that will be usefully some day. for now, till I come up with some thing I will answer your questions if you are willing to share the knowledge you have.
although I have lots of experience with water source heat pumps and water cooled units I am looking for the info for the ground source loops.
Paul