View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
One of the components that won't like sitting is the battery. Unhook the negative battery terminal, or better, leave it on a trickle charger.

Gasoline only lasts so long. What, 1-3 months? So you need fuel stabilizer if you won't be filling it more often than that.

Also check your tire pressure. It'll drop about as many PSI/month as if you were driving the car every day.

The biggest problem, which was already mentioned, is condensation in the motor oil and everywhere else. Get it hot enough, long enough to boil that off.
Good tips - especially the battery tip, although I don't understand how that unhooking the battery would do anything, since you are not having anything that is drawing power from it ( no clock on the radio even ). Makes sense, since you are supposed to do this sort of thing with cell phones and other gadgets when storing them. I just don't understand why.
Educate me .

As far as filling the gas tank all the way up, why is this ? If you have a larger amount in the tank, will it increase the life of the gas, or will you just be stuck with more bad gas ?