View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
janvos39
EcoModding Apprentice

jvsgears - '14 Skoda Octavia
Team m8
90 day: 52.47 mpg (US)
Every body who works on modifying a two wheeler for more speed or FE has some things to consider. For me it is important to have a daily transport to work which allows me to travel under not optimal weather conditions. furthermore I like to sit comfortable upright so that no back pain or things like that occur during the ride.
Although I admit for best FE the solution for the shape will be close to the HPV streamliner. This does not fit in my specification for comfort.
So far I reached more or less the goal of comfort. The choosen shape also starts to work for the FE.
Still to be done for better Cd is the front wheel streamlining.
I am not sure if I best cover the whole wheel or do additions to the front fender to improve the streamlining.
For the longer run I want to use a modified Suzuki Burgman frame that gives me a lower seat position and a smaller rearend for better closing of the back side.

On the gearing part there is the question what is best rpm at the cruising (75 MPH in Eu) speed. With the standard Suzuki Burgman 400 this is 6550 rpm (for the Suzuki Burgman 250 this is even close to 8500 rpm)

With the new gearing for the Suzuki 400 this will be reduced to 5100 rpm at 75 MPH in the additional overdive gear . See what that will bring on the FE.