View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
wing or spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepp View Post
thank you all, i was especially hoping for tips from aerohead. i think i will go for the polyester edges.

i thought long about giving it an airbrake, and maybe i will but not with these flaps. as i believe that if these are used to brake a 2 ton vehicle, that it will make the whole thing disintegrate.
i searched a bit but i could only find some actuators on some auction sites wich go from 26 to 160 €. i will leave that for the last and keep searching for a good find.

also does anyone know if some sort of spoiler would help? i was thinking of some kind of horizontal wing above the rear end. or is it better to let the cap end with a horizontal part that is in the shape of the cap like most car truncs or roofs end with.
sepp,I tried a spoiler at Bonneville and removed it after only one pass do to the drag it created.That was with the CRX,but the T-100 is also a fastback with the aero shell and I suspect that it would behave likewise.Allowing the air to follow the teardrop path appears to be the best for fuel economy.If you drive into Germany and get the Nissan onto the Autobahn,you might want some downforce a wing or spoiler could provide,otherwise,at "normal" speeds you should be alright.