View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
don-vee
Mechanic of DOOM

Send a message via AIM to don-vee
Wow, CJ, you are the CHIEF!!! So much information, I think my head's gonna pop.
I'm mostly on the highway, I'd say it's currently 75% highway, but it will probably be even more than that with all the trips I intend on taking. I think this van may already have the lockup converter, not too sure. I thought Mopar went to lockups in '78. If not, I can check to see if they are out there. The Lean Burn is long gone, the current engine is supposedly rebuilt. It's got the 1bbl on it, and I do intend on finding a 2bbl. Also, did I mention I'm pretty piss-poor? The mods you mentioned, while totally awesome, just won't fit into my budget. I don't intend on cracking this engine open at all, everything's gotta be bolt-on or close. I think the most hardcore I wanna get with this thing is the roller timing and rockers.
Yep, I know 2 1/2 exhaust is overkill, but it's what I have hanging on the wall of my garage, that's the reason I was going to work with it. As for the roller rockers, I'm not sure exactly where on the RPM chart the power gains are, I was thinking of it not only for the power gain, but for the friction loss.