View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #1160 (permalink)
jeffd94
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Um, OK! hahaha! I don't know what to say. Maybe we can get people a finished high voltage controller for much cheaper than I ever thought possible.

Man, this is awesome. A group of dedicated people, committed to a cause can make a real difference. I'm going to cry! Cut it out! You guys!

The files still need to be uploaded to the website. Sabrina is going to add those files tonight I think. I ordered the parts for the 3 control boards that will undergo testing, and had them shipped to the engineer that's been helping with the control board schematic.

I've been working on the code for testing the extra features of the new control section. Let's see, there's now an RS-232 com port, an ISP port, an IDLE LED, a POWER LED, undervoltage lockout (so Ben's controller failure can't happen), optical isolation between the control section and the power section, a relay fo rthe controller to control the main contactor, there's a watchdog timer, variable hardware current limit, the screetching has been dealt with, so that it's true cycle by cycle current limiting, schottkey diodes to prevent voltage spikes on the current A/D channel from latching up the microcontroller (which has been a problem with the first version too). It has a 16 MHz crystal, NOT FROM EBAY ANYMORE!

I'll let you know of I think of anything else major. Next time there will be other features, like maybe battery pack current control, rpm control, I can't think of what else right now.

For the next version, we can convert that stuff to surface mount without much of a problem I bet.

Welcome to PaulandSabrinasEVstuff.com

Hi Paul

I've been reading this forum for some time now, your efforts have been fantastic. I've been to your wife's website and she has done a grand job.
I have signed up on the database as well.

I look forward with the final result.

All the best

Jeff