View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Over 80% Oppose Raising Gas Tax

"Just 10% of adults think the federal government should increase the tax on gasoline by a large amount as a way of encouraging people to buy more fuel-efficient cars, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Eighty-one percent (81%) oppose a large tax hike for that purpose, and eight percent (8%) are undecided.

These sentiments remain largely unchanged from nearly two years when 86% said they opposed the idea of raising gas taxes by 50 cents a gallon as a result of congressional legislation that would encourage the development of more fuel-efficient cars." - Rasmussen Reports ; Monday, May 11, 2009
(Read the entire article here)

How do you guys feel about this subject? The poll questions are:

1. "I completely oppose a gas tax hike, that will not deter the auto makers from making inefficient cars, it will only hurt consumers wallets."
2. "I completely agree that raising the gas tax will make people buy more efficient vehicles, and the revenues can be used to offset other shortcomings."
3. "It is not going to effect the way I drive or buy a car, I build my own electric transportation from old gas vehicles and charge them with off-the-grid solar/wind power."