View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
doviatt
Master EcoModder

Grey Goose (Retired) - '89 Geo Metro LSI 4 door hatch back
Last 3: 57.16 mpg (US)

Tweety - '91 Geo Metro Convertible -2 Door convertible LSI
Team Metro
90 day: 43.97 mpg (US)

Shadow - '02 Honda Shadow VT1100
90 day: 43.46 mpg (US)

Sonic - '07 Honda CBR1000RR
90 day: 42.69 mpg (US)

Filmore - '84 Volkswagen Vanagon
90 day: 20.9 mpg (US)
With out the cut off circuit we turn the key from ON to ACC, and then back to ON when engine has completely stopped. Then it is in the ON position waiting for a bump start or key start. This is a completely normal situation for any car.

Does interrupting the ignition wire at the key switch accomplish this seeming normal way of doing this?

Doesn't this ignition wire at key switch control the fuel and spark at the same time?

I've heard concerns of fuel with no spark and spark with no fuel as potentially problematic with the spark ignition only, or the fuel injector kill only options. Are these concerns even valid? I guess in either case you get a few extra sparks or some fuel pumping, but only till the engine is dead...then all things are truly stopped? Sensors and computer codes seem to be the only potential victims here.

Maybe my naivete keeps me from understanding that your solutions are probably providing the same solution. Since mine is old enough not to know what a computer code is I probably have less to worry about?