View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #1195 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Hey jyanof! Good idea for the hot weather testing. Overtemp shutdown hasn't been tested in the field yet. I can easily adjust the values and mail you a new chip if it comes to that, like if it turns on too soon. Right now, I have it start to limit max current when the internal heatspreader hits 75 degC, and there is complete thermal shutdown at 85 degC (internal heat spreader temp). We have Ben's 10" motor (man that's big) for worst case control of current at low RPM (like no inductance in that gall dern feisty motor. ), your hot weather testing, and Romanian testing? See how it stands up against Dracula! Ya!

The 3 limited edition Cougar controllers are officially taken.

.................................................. .................................................. ..
Good idea, MazdaMatt! I'll ask futurlec what you suggested.
.................................................. .................................................. ..
Adamjb, I checked the schematic. Thank you for attaching that! I'm using the high voltage isolation (3kV isolation for 1 minute) DC-DC, which has a different pin layout than the 500v isolation DC-DC layout. We got it right. Thank you for checking! By the way, I would love to do another version with surface mount components and have your friend do his super fancy soldering machine on it. May as well have both options available! That will be coming too! I was using ExpressSCH, but my friend that is helping me is using Protel. He converted my schematic to Protel, and added the new fancy schmancy stuff.
I really like the idea of b(01011101) rather than 64 + 16 + ... . My way was really stupid. Fast and small, but hard to read and confusing. Or maybe I could do that & or | with ~(1 << ???) or who knows what.

OK boys, I'll order those PCBs! Git R Done! hahaha!