View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
louvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepp View Post
yesterday i prepared everything and got the cap ready so today all i had to do was make the polyester-fiberglass edges, and paint and it would be done!

but that was verry optimistic, i spent this entire hot sunday in a white overall with cap, gloves, goggles and gasmask sanding and grinding the polyester.
though it went better than last time, the result still wasn't perfect and i had to cut out awhole lot of it that was a bit loose or filled with airbubbles.
but this time i bought polyester body filler! small cans to do touch ups on cars, but i ran out of it and it was getting late so it will be for tomorrow if i get the time.

i did drove it to home and back with the cap on and the flaps open, and visibility is great! the flaps are connected to each other, and i installed a windchield wiper mechanism in it, but still need to connect it to the flaps.

stay tuned!
sepp,a thought came to me,and you may have already hit on this.If the louvers are counter-weighted,as one would do on an airplane's flap or elevator,or the main tube of a telescope on a German-equatorial mount,there would be very little stress at the louver's hinge point,and they would require very little torque to articulate.Cap is looking great,look forward to your progress.