View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #95 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Herring View Post
I've been keeping a miles driven/gallons used/cost/mpg comparison log since I got my Prius to see what it looks like vs. my former 4 runner...I've only had the car since the end of March and the numbers are pretty nice (the cost numbers are skewed a bit since I'm comparing tank vs. tank and gas prices were high last summer when I had my 4runner).

So far, after 5 tanks in the Prius, here's the comparison:
* 34.6 more miles driven in Prius vs. 4runner (keep in mind the 4runner was a 22 gallon tank and the Prius is 7-9 gallons depending on the bladder size...so I typically got 450 miles a tank on the 4runner and get roughly the same with the Prius)

* 54.26 less gallons of fuel used in Prius vs. 4runner (this is something I'm really happy about...in less than 2 months I've already consumed 50+ less gallons of gas...over a year it could be over 400 less gallons of fuel used...who says hybrids can't reduce our dependence on foreign oil???)

* $276.36 less paid with Prius vs. 4runner (inflated due to higher gas prices last fall but savings are probably about $125 so far if 4runner tanks were at current prices)

* 33.94 higher mpg with Prius vs. 4runner (love seeing 60+ mpg on the SGII and in-car guage)

My Prius really makes me want to drive more...but that would defeat the purpose...so I stare out my window and watch it sitting in my parking lot!
Nice