View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Scheißeglück
Wok Master

Die Grau Geist - '95 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 17.74 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Scheißeglück
To me this sounds more like a fluid and radiator issue. I'll second the notion from ChrstphrR and say do a flush and change. When you get done flushing it fill it with more water instead of antifreeze. Instead of the regular 50/50, try mixing it at 40antifreeze/60water or at most 35antifreeze/65water. I had a ton of issues when I first got my jeep with overheating of the I6 motor in it, and running a higher amount of water helped a ton. I also use some types of "super coolants" that you can get ant any Autozone, Napa, Advanced Auto, or whatever is closest to you. One to look for is made by Redline and it's called Water Wetter, and it's supposed to help reduce the temperature by 20 degrees if you run only water in your radiator (more of a racing thing to do that, but it will reduce temps by 10 degrees if you have antifreeze in your fluid mix). The stuff works pretty dang good, and it helps prolong the life of the fluid in your radiator.

I think this is your easiest route to go, especially if you don't want to constantly change and swap parts out for the different seasons you drive in.