Thread: Dune buggy?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Forget the blower, put a shot of nitrous on there if you're only looking for "occasional" power.
I had thought of that but I was not particularly keen on it. I'm not quite sure how long say like a 5lb bottle would last, so I wasn't sure if it would meet the requirements for providing a solid thrill to the grocery store(where I would put the groceries I don't know).

It would only need the charger 1-2 times a week, but it would be a 20-40 minute acceleration trip to the speed limit. As I stated I'm not informed about nitrous would it still be the best bet?

I am kind of considering coroplast or fiberglass for body paneling, but I'm not quite sure. It's Cd. is going to be really ugly without it but it won't much much frontal area. . .More than a motorcycle. I would have to mount it directly to the frame since there is no body at all to it anyway.

I'm expecting pretty good FE because the 4AGE silver top Can do 24 mpg with a 1800 lb heavier corrolla attached. I might do the body as break away panels for when I'm using it over distance or just in town. . .