View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
harping

I would recommend all members pick up a copy of the World Almanac.Not only is is handy for terrorist organs to plan the end of America,it also contains the statistics which support the notion,that America is doing a pretty good job of destroying itself without any outside intervention.------- Ernie,with respect to your thesis,I would call attention to the fact that in spite of CAFE,the American fleet is attaining less than 17-mpg.-------- One of the greatest sources of stress I've encountered,is the fact that fuel economy is not determined by the automobile,as it is by the environment in which it is operated within,which is completely beyond the control of automakers.-------- The tapestry of economic entanglements between producing/consuming/taxation/planning/permits/development/zoning/budgets/codes/advertising/credit/investment/pensions/employment/incorporation/growth/stability/regulation/legislation/politics/media/accounting/actuarials/public education/church/methodology/markets/resources/access/etc.,has grown to be such an incestuous and symbiotic organism,any attempt to alter any tentacle is met with harsh resistance from the rest.--------- I firmly do not believe that solutions to environmental challenges can be relied upon soley from technological innovation or full exploitation of known technology.------------ The entire public mind of America would require a complete shift,within the public,business,and elected/appointed/hired -goverment officials/employees arena.