View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
Kammback

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman76 View Post
Got a little more done. 2 or 3 nights ago is the dark pic, then it stormed for awhile, then the light pic is before it got dark tonight. It is very rigid and still really light. I trimmed the trunk rods and added bumper supports (still need to brace to the hole in the center of the bumper). Bumper supports are scrap bedframe rails from the neighborhood piles. Only framing left on the shell is to make a piece each side to better follow the rear glass of the car, and to finish the bottom of the back part. Then I get to skin it and add taillights. I picked up 3 scrap water heaters in neighborhood piles so I should have enough skin for it. I also tried on the shower curtain liner, it fits like it was made for it and even without stretching it I can see halfway decent out the back. I am really hoping to have something that works by next Thursday so I can try it out going downstate.

I am really not fond of how this camera distorts the image. Most of my pics make the tail look twisted off to one side of the car, and make the rear transition look really sharp. It is not sharp, right now it is even less than the 15 degrees that I started with.
The form looks dead on! I think,once it's skinned and you get a tank on it,you'll be smiling at the gas station.