View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
NoCO2
Bicycle Junky

Putsaround - '96 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

The Commuter - '07 Trek 1000SL
90 day: 617.28 mpg (US)

Zippy - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
I'm currently in the process of looking for a bike that I can use to ride to and from work and the grocery store on instead of driving. The grocery store is the worst too, I need something to help carry my groceries in, but it's literally less then half a mile away from where I live so I feel bad about taking my car. Work is too far away to walk to as it would take me over an hour and with my class schedule and the time of day which I get off, being on the street for an hour is not only unsafe but I just don't have that much time to spend commuting to work. With a bike, I can get a rear basket to carry my groceries in and it has a place for me to strap my book bag down to so going to work will be much more efficient and comfortable then if I had to have it on my back.

Taking just those two things out of my driving will remove almost all of my driving since the only driving I do besides that is to my parents house maybe once every other week and to a friend's house ever week or two who lives about 25 miles from my place. If I just rode to work and the grocery store, I could probably stretch a tank of gas to last me almost two months...talk about efficient. I'll be changing my oil more then filling my tank.