View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
doviatt
Master EcoModder

Grey Goose (Retired) - '89 Geo Metro LSI 4 door hatch back
Last 3: 57.16 mpg (US)

Tweety - '91 Geo Metro Convertible -2 Door convertible LSI
Team Metro
90 day: 43.97 mpg (US)

Shadow - '02 Honda Shadow VT1100
90 day: 43.46 mpg (US)

Sonic - '07 Honda CBR1000RR
90 day: 42.69 mpg (US)

Filmore - '84 Volkswagen Vanagon
90 day: 20.9 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
My switch is inline with the coil pickup in the distributor. Is this what you're referring to as "camshaft sensor", dcb?

The engine occasionally stumbles when it's used. That could be dieseling from fuel still coming through the throttle body - I don't know. I've never tried any other method.

My repeated advice - regardless of method chosen - use a momentary switch, not an on/off one. (Safety implications. You would think after hundreds of uses that you'd always remember to turn it back on, wouldn't you? )
I installed mine last weekend.
I followed this advice and it worked perfectly! Thanks!
I went with the black/white wire off the distributor on the Metro. According to the schematic they both should work as stated but black/white seemed a better choice.
I did use a small normally closed momentary which I mounted like a trigger on my shift knob. I was a bit concerned about the long term reliability of this momentary switch so I also added a bypass or override toggle switch in parallel before the momentary. This way if the momentary ever fails open (no start) I can flip the toggle it closes the circuit and things are running again.

Looking forward to effortless EOC. Now my blinkers still work in EOC, no beeps, and once I get my MPGuino finished it will also stay on.