View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
Shortie771
Eco Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunchosen View Post
Its a little hard to say. With mpg in the mid twenties I suspect there might be something else at play. The combined for the car is like 28? O2 sensor might be the only problem. . .but there is a big difference between 24 and 30(what I got before actually trying to drive conservatively at all).

If I were able to do the LS swap, I'm pretty sure that puts it at 2.5-2.6krpm at 60-61(my cruising speed) and I'm pretty sure I could squeeze at least up to 36 with an otherwise stock Del Sol(what size tires do you have?) and probably 38 on mine(up from 35).
I dont drive much at all so ive only logged one trip. I went 71 miles, mostly highway around 70mph with the bad o2 sensor, low psi, there was a headwind, and not many other cars on the road to block the wind. All bad factors and to make things worse i hadnt learned about any fuel efficient driving techniques yet (like P&G or even using cruise control) so needless to say i wasnt driving very conservativly. Replacing my o2 sensor is my top priority right now and ill have that done as soon as i get my check, which should be sometime this week i hope. BTW to answer your question is kind of complicated lol i bought this car used and have only replaced the front 2 tires, i just realized the rear tires are slightly smaller with a max psi of 40 instead of the front 2 which the max psi is 44... dont worry i plan to get new tires later on. Well since its a front wheel drive car ill tell you what my front tire size is. The sidewall says0 185/65R14 86H