View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Yeah those are the exact same tire size that I have. And I think Tire rack is incorrect on the stock tire size. I've got a set of rims that came from the dealer with tires and they are 13s. Oops no my mistake. The vtec had slightly larger wheel tire combination.

I'm guessing its the O2 sensor tripping and the MAP being slightly off on its own. AFAIK the Del Sol ECU reads the two and if they are within tolerances it averages the readout for fuel consumption. So if your O2 is just reading lean and your map is reading normal it will dump slightly more than normal fuel.

Replacing the tires for different size is not too huge of a deal as long as you don't load the car down heavily(passenger and fill the trunk) as there is not alot of load on the rear tires anyway.

One thing you also want to watch the front left tire will deflate substantially quicker than any of the others which will cause it to wear much faster than the others. The weight bias on the front of the car leans to the driver side(driver and engine are focused on the left of the car). It's just something thats caught me on both of the Sols I maintenance.

I, at a safe and legal distance, trailer surf and it makes a big difference because the car is relatively small to start with. Slowing down to follow an acceptable. . .wave. . . is enormously beneficial, but becareful because on rainy days(especially with different size tires) it can push you around very easily.