View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
no_roads
Speed Freak!

Green Monster - '95 Honda del Sol Si
Turtle Gas prices in Hawaii are iNsAnE!!

Hello everyone I'm Nate and I live in Aiea Hawaii and I drive a 2007 Isuzu I290 and well the window sticker lied and I get around 12 mpg average in my four cylinder automatic. I've researched the run your car on water method and seen no one that really uses it except for the testimonials through the companies that create the systems.
I was curious about the following mods and whether or not they have produced any results for anyone. 1.) Lowering the vehicle to reduce drag? 2.)Cold air intake? 3.) cat back or free-er flowing exhaust? 4.) throttle body spacer? 5.) larger tire diameter? 6.) maximum inflation? 7.) tonneau cover? 8.)window vents to crack your windows enabling air flow and the ability to stay cool and stop using a/c? 9.)the sticker on your gas tank to change up the basic chemical makeup of your fuel? 10.)the tornado air thingy in the air intake?
Any help on the previous ten is greatly appreciated. I 'm excited to see what has really worked and what is just junk.
By the way I have done nothing to the truck and it has less then five thousand miles on it and it's an automatic.