View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #1360 (permalink)
blackpanther-st
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I wouldnt throw out dynamic entirely just yet.

Maybe this is obvious, but I would put a lot of weight in how fast the accelerator pedal actually moved.

You can get a fix on the ends of the problem anyway, such that if the pedal went from one position to another as fast as humanly possible then that is an "instant change" request. Whereas if the pedal motion acceleration is within normal "noise" for steady state cruising then take your time making any current changes and move to an average of the last x pedal readings. Then draw the graph for the intermediate accleration changes based on how quickly the gas pedal moved.

Edit: but it looks like paul is hard at work still, lets see if he found a combo he likes
yes I agree, this is basically what I was getting at in my post a page or two back.

I think that part of the problem is that we are trying to get the controller to accommodate two very different driving styles.

That being said my personal preference would be to have a direct and instantaneous relation between throttle position and current output. To me any delay in response or mushiness is a loss of control; but I'm a control freak when it comes to driving, so what can I say?

For others that would be way to harsh and would feel jerky to the untrained foot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking about this further and editing again, if the idea is to mimic the familiar response of ICE, (no, not the dripping; the throttle response) most engines have the trait, that they respond faster to throttle changes when the RPM is high, than they do when the RPM is low.

This response tapper, between RPM ranges, may be what we are missing to get that smooth yet responsive feel.

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/garage/cars/143

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums...tor-32083.html

Last edited by blackpanther-st; 05-23-2009 at 01:20 AM..