View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
noxman
EcoModding Lurker

I like this car. Looks nice and with new 1.2 Tdi engine will be efficient shark. (Maybe better then Audi A2 TDI eco ).

Citation"
"To be examined as much fuel, not an automatic system and the Start-Stop system for recovery resulting from the kinetic energy during braking. Just these two technologies reduce consumption 3cylinders allegedly by 0.2 liters per 100 km. "

Saving 0.2 l ? Isn't better use smooth wheel cover and rear wheel skirt for saving the same amount, but at low cost?

I hope, that will be cheaper than Audi A2 and Lupo 3L. One thing is good consumption, second is high price for new car (in Europe 2x times expensive than classic small car )
Another thing are used technologies. Example the automatic transmission used in these 3 liter cars. As far as I know every 30 000 km is necessary to make adjustment service interference. Starts mostly out of 100 000 km, its exchange is run.

If counting the cost versus the cost of petrol, so it is preferable to always buy a car cheaper with consumption about 5 /l to 100km, than 3 l car for 2x price.

Citation 18. 04. 2005:
Last week, Volkswagen said current boss Bernd Pischetsrieder in an interview with the Financial Times Deutschland that terminating further development Piechova children called 1 L car. With the prototype of this car Piech arrived in 2002 to its last annual conference in Wolfsburg to Hamburg, but the preparation of a production version already left for his successor. The reason for termination of the project, which was already in the final development stage designed as a three-vehicle, is the inability of manufacturers to push the price below 20.000 Euro, which would likely lead to failure to mature markets of Western Europe. I return on investment in the 3L cars was problematic. Lupo 3L as 15,225 Euro or Audi A2 1.2 TDI for 19,000 Euro has not sold too, despite government support and the high price of gasoline. According to the weekly Automobilwoche from 1999 only sold about 27,000 booty 3L, while the manufacturer foresaw at least double sales. Audi its 3L model technique Zoom 3L cease production due to low sales this year, Lupo 3L should produce more.

I hope new Polo Blue Motion will be little cheaper

Last edited by noxman; 05-24-2009 at 08:51 AM..