View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brian D.
VEEP

CRX constant-running engine fan

Thanks for the ideas, guys, but I think I'll first try to find out if this fan was intended to run constantly. This CRX HF is an '89. My '91 HF did not do this (to the best of my recollection). Also, this is actually my 2nd '89 CRX HF...and both have had this engine fan run 100% of the time (from the point of turning the ignition switch to the 'accessory' position, the fan comes on...once the car is started the fan remains on until the car is off (i.e., until the key is turned all the way back to the 'off' position).

Guess I'll have to get out the schematics. In the meantime, PLEASE, anyone with an '88-91 CRX or Civic of the same years chime in here...I'd like to get an idea of how many cars have the engine fan run all the time. I DO, of course, realize that some CRXs have TWO fans; these are the cars with Air Conditioning. One of my CRXs has A/C; the other does not. However, both of these CRXs have that very same fan staying "ON" as described in the first paragraph. Any & all help would be appreciated. If this is a problem, then my fixing it will prevent me from having to "mod" a switching component to have the fan only run when necessary. Thanx!!