Thread: Hi there
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
namyzarc
EcoModding Lurker

Hi there

Hey everyone,
Just dropping in to say hi. I've been a long time lurker. I'm from the NW Indiana area & work in downtown Chicago as a computer programmer.
My current car:
2003 Acura RSX (not planning any eco-mods to this one - just performance mods!)
My previous car: 1990 Ford Probe. If I had a 2 car garage I'd buy another one of these and try an electric conversion to it. Alas, I just don't have the space!
I guess you could call me one of those rare-case car guys that love performance but believe that it can be accomplished without throwing fuel economy out the window. This probably explains my preference for the generally lighter and higher hp per litre japanese cars vs. heavy american gas-guzzlers.
I also believe style should not be disregarded in our quest for lowering a cars cd. This is why I like the Tesla and the Zap-x and hate those 3 wheeled electric thingamajobs that some electric car manufacturers make that pass for automobiles (the Zap Alias would look soooo much better with 1 more wheel!) . I also dislike the way the prius and insight look (no offense to any owners here!), yet like the underlying technology.
There - now you know who I am and what my philosophy is. I'd love to meet the rest of the community!